The reason to have Gluten and Dairy free Baking is that Maybe they have an allergy or intolerance to one (or both) of these ingredients, or maybe they’re just trying to eat a bit healthier. Whatever the reason, it’s actually not that difficult to make delicious gluten and dairy free baked goods.
One key to success is to use good quality ingredients. This is especially important for gluten free baking, as the quality of gluten free flours can vary widely. For dairy free baking, using non-dairy milk that you like the taste of is also important – some can be quite bland.
Another tip for success is to follow recipes closely. With baking, even a small change can result in very different results. So if a recipe calls for xanthan gum and you don’t have any, don’t substitute something else – just leave it out.
Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment! Just because a recipe doesn’t contain gluten or dairy doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious. With a little trial and error, you’ll be able to create baked goods that everyone will love – regardless of their dietary restrictions.
Recipes for Gluten and Dairy Free Baking
Here are some recipes to get you started:
Gluten Free Banana Bread
1½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter or oil, and eggs. Add the mashed bananas and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined – be careful not to overmix.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter or oil
1 egg, beaten
½ cup non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter or oil, and egg. Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and stir just until combined – be careful not to overmix.
4. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and set. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Benefits of gluten and dairy free baking
There are many benefits to gluten and dairy free baking, including the fact that it can be healthier for you. Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, barley, and rye. Some people have an allergy or intolerance to gluten, which can cause a variety of symptoms including abdominal pain, diarrhoea, fatigue, and headaches. Dairy products contain lactose, which is a sugar that some people cannot digest properly. This can lead to gas, bloating, and other digestive issues.
Gluten and dairy free baking can also be helpful if you are trying to lose weight or manage a food allergy. When you eliminate these ingredients from your diet, you may find it easier to control your portions and make healthier choices overall. Gluten and dairy free baking can also be more affordable than traditional baking since you won’t need to purchase special ingredients.
If you’re interested in trying gluten and dairy free baking, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure to use quality ingredients. Gluten and dairy free flours, for example, can be found at most health food stores. You’ll also want to
make sure your baking tools are clean and free of any traces of gluten or dairy. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment – there are plenty of delicious recipes out there that don’t require any special ingredients!